Need a dental crown choose dental crowns south Morang?
A dental crown is a cap which has the shape of the tooth and gets placed over the tooth. Once the cap is placed it restores its shape, size and appearance similar to that of the tooth. These crowns when cemented within the mouth, covers the visible portion and helps tooth regain its features. There are various reasons owing to which opting for dental crowns is the right thing to do, and to get best results make sure to approach professional dentists like us.
When to approach dental crowns Preston and dental crowns Bundoora?
Dental crown treatment might be needed because of various reasons as mentioned below;
- A weak tooth can be well protected using dental crowns. It holds the cracked parts of teeth together and prevents it from breaking.
- A severely broken tooth or a worn-down tooth is given apt treatment with the use of crowns.
- Large filling of the tooth is covered using crowns keeping least portion exposed.
- A dental bridge remains intact in one place without getting impacted.
- A dental implant is beautifully covered keeping your smile as beautiful as always.
Dental crown procedure at dental crowns Mill Park and dental crowns Campbellfield
Our professionals ensure the patients to provide the best quality treatment. To affix the crown appropriately two visits are required.
- During the first visit, tooth to receive crowning is examined and prepared. X-ray is also taken to do a proper examination and find out more details about the tooth and bone around it. If in a case much decay is found, then root canal therapy is recommended. Once the therapy is completed, room for the crowning is created by filling down the tooth across the top and sides. The amount of tooth filling is entirely dependent on the kind of crown chosen for treatment.
- The metal crowns available with us are thinner and does not require much removal of tooth structure especially when compared with all-porcelain or porcelain fused to metal crowns. If in case too much tooth is missing, it is filled using a dental material such that sufficient space is created for placing the metal crown.
- Once reshaping of the tooth is completed, the paste is used for making a copy of the tooth. Impressions are also made to ensure that crown does not affect the bite and keeps the patient comfortable throughout his food consumption. Once the impressions are taken it is sent to a lab such that crowns can be created and returned to us after some time.
- This is the time when the second visit of the patient is planned, and his crown is permanently placed. Upon checking if everything is found okay, local anaesthesia is used for the treatment else our doctors prefer to choose general anaesthesia to make things fine and smooth.